Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Routines to make you say UHHH!

UPDATE! I've added some more commentary, and a new video!


First off, this vault by Kohei Uchimura. It's just unbelievably beautiful. When I am feeling down and need hope, I watch this video.


I don't typically get excited for rings and pommel horse routines, but the next two videos from the 2011 Chinese National Championships really got my heart beating.





I didn't think anyone could be completely solid on the balance beam until I saw Shawn Johnson compete in event finals at the 2008 Olympics. When friends ask for examples of great beam routines, this is where I direct them.


My boyfriend insists that I include Carly's beam routine from 2004:


These vaults make you go uhhh and then awww. Marian, we all wanted you to win so bad. You're a champion in my heart, even if you don't have that Olympic Gold Medal hanging on your wall.


THIS JUST IN!!!! Kohei Uchimura, I love you. This is the best high bar routine I have ever seen. Kohei, I'm not even sure you're human anymore. How do you make it look so nice??? AHHHH! Please win Worlds this year and the Olympics next year so that I can plaster my walls with your image.




Stay tuned for more routines...

No comments: